4 Things to Know about Visitor Visa 2021 from India to Canada
If you wish to visit Canada on temporary basis (for example, to visit a family member or on a vacation), you need a visitor visa. Better known by the names like Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and Canada Tourist Visa, it is an important piece of document to enter the country via air, road and sea.
The TRV application process is simple and straightforward and any experienced Immigration consultant in Jalandhar or any other Indian city can help you it. However, you must know a few things in advance for better preparations. So, here are some highlights of Canada visitor visa application in 2021.
Single or Multiple Entry Visa
To begin with, you must know whether you need to apply for a single entry or a multiple entry visa. The former is apt for those who seek one-time entry to Canada, to attend an event, for example. On the other hand, the latter is a Canada tourist visa 10 years option which allows multiple entries to the country within that period, but for this you need a licensed Canadian immigration consultant in Jalandhar or in any other city. You must note that your stay for each entry during this period can last up to 6 months.
Can You Apply for eTA?
An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a substitute to visitor visa for Canada entry. However, it is valid only for the visitors from the visa-exempted countries. Some of these countries include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, Japan and USA. Unfortunately, India is not in this list. So, you don’t need to apply for eTA.
Visitor Visa or Transit Visa
Another important difference that you must know is between visitor visa and transit visa. You must get a visitor visa if:
- You want to visit Canada and stay there, even if the duration is less than 48 hours
- You are transiting via Canada and your stay in the country during the transition exceeds 48 hours
On the other hand, a transit visa is applicable, if:
- The flight you board to some other country makes a stop at an airport in Canada
- Your trip consists of two international fights that connect at an airport in Canada
- The transition visa Canada is of duration 48 hours or shorter
Visitor Visa during Pandemic
Undoubtedly, the most important thing to know in 2021 is whether you are eligible to visit Canada or not. For this, you must obtain updates from a Canadian immigration consultant in Jalandhar or your own city. In general, here are some norms that you need to follow at present:
- Only online applications for visitor visa are being accepted
- You must undergo a health check before boarding the flight
- Irrespective of whether you have Covid-19 symptoms or not, you must be ready to undergo 14-days quarantine after your arrival in Canada
In addition, you must learn how to use the ArriveCAN mobile app to enter and stay in the country while following the prescribed protocols.
NordStrat Immigration Solutions continues to offers its services as an expert Canada visa guide and certified Canadian immigration consultant in 2021 as well. Get your visa application reviewed by experts to have improved chances of immigration as a student, worker or visitor.