Sponsoring Your Parents/Grandparents
How to Sponsor Your Parents and Grandparents in Canada?
We understand how painful it is to stay without your parents and other family members in a foreign country like Canada. We also appreciate how Canadian immigrants and permanent residents try to sponsor their parents and grandparents for staying in Canada. But as quickly said as done, sponsoring your family members can get a little confusing for many people.
Hence, our professional team is available to provide necessary help regarding immigration services. At Nordstrat Immigration Solutions Inc., we work closely with immigrant families and other permanent residents in Canada. Whether you are traveling to Canada for the first time or you want to extend your staying status in Canada, our company is always available to guide you through the entire procedure.
We strongly believe that one must understand the layers of complications that remain associated with each immigration procedure. Hence, if you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents in Canada, here are some details for your reference:
An individual is permitted to sponsor his/her parents and grandparents if:
- The person is at least 18 years of age
- Lives in Canada
- A Canadian citizen, maybe a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- Has a sufficient amount of money to sponsor the people
- Needs to provide income proof
However, it is essential to know that you can only sponsor your parents and grandparents if you are connected to them by blood or adoption. In case of separation or divorce, you can still sponsor their spouses or marital partners. Also, the dependent children get the eligibility to get appropriate sponsorship in Canada.
In case you want to apply for sponsoring your parents and grandparents in Canada, you must register for two applications:
- You need to apply for becoming a sponsor
- Your grandparents and parents must apply for getting permanent residence in Canada
You need to submit these applications simultaneously for approval. Right from the date of the invitation, the form must reach the concerned authorities within 60 days. Make sure to check the deadline that is mentioned in the request. The required steps to follow for filling the application are:
- Fill out the interest to sponsor form, which is available at the beginning of the year. Once the application window closes down, then only the concerned authorities start reviewing and evaluating the duplicates.
- Once the review is done, the government officials send invitations to the potential sponsors for submitting completed applications right in the same manner as the previous sponsor form.
- Never prepare your application before the concerned authorities invite you.
- The application kit consists of the document checklist, forms, and instruction guide for the applicants.
- Once done, you must pay the appropriate fees for the sponsor application form.
- The mailing instructions are all provided within the application kit. Hence make sure to go through them and submit the application within 60 days from the date of the invitation.
After your file your application form, you might receive the receipt and application number once it gets into processing. In case you are not sure about how to check these details, then make sure to check out our website for more immigration information.