CRS Calculator

CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System): skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Q 1 – What is your marital status?
Q 2 (i) – Is your spouse or common-law partner is permanent resident or a citizen of Canada
Q 2 (ii) Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?
Q 3 – How old are you?

Choose the best answer:

  • If you’ve been invited to apply, enter your age on the date you were invited.

  • If you plan to complete an Express Entry profile, enter your current age.

Q 4 (i) – What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

  • earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or

  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts for education points, but not for bonus points in your profile or application.

Q 4 (ii) – Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study

  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge

  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)

  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

Q 4 (iii) – Choose the best answer to describe this level of education.
Q 5 (i) – Official languages: Canada's official languages are English and French.

You need to submit language test results that are less than two years old for all programs under Express Entry, even if English or French is your first language.

Q 5 (ii) – Which language test did you take for your first official language?
Q5 iii Is any other language results you have?

If your answer is yes, which language test did you appear in for your 2nd official language?

The language Test results should not be less than 2 years old.

Q 6 Work Experience

In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is: managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0), professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A), technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)

Q 6 (ii) In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?

must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

Q 7 Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

People usually have to go to the province or territory to be assessed. They may also need experience and training from an employer in Canada.

This isn’t the same as a nomination from a province or territory.

Q 8 Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment ?

Q 8 (ii) Which NOC skill type or level is the job offer?
Q 9 Do you have a nomination certificate from a province or territory?

Q 10 Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry at this time. To submit an Express Entry profile, you must prove your language skills by taking an approved language test.
Find out more about language testing for Express Entry.